Friday September 23, 2016
Happy Friday! Have a fun weekend and stay safe...we will see you back on Tuesday the 27th!
You all looked Grand for picture day...you clean up nicely! If you were absent re-takes will be on Friday November 4th!
Volleyball will travel to Wentworth on Monday the 26th...the bus will leave at 4:00. Then on Wednesday the 28th the ladies will host Frontier Academy at 5:00. Good luck ladies and Coach Treece!
The junior high basketball teams will host Strasburg on the 27th at 6:00.
The Cross country runners will travel to Cass Midway on the 28th for a 4:00 pm meet, the bus will leave at 2:00.
Hey...did you know there is no school on Monday, September 26th? You are welcome! (teachers meeting)
If you are in need of Kingsville Tiger Spirit wear the booster club is now selling a variety of items that should meet your every need. The order forms are available in the office or with coach Morrison. Check-it-out!
If you would like to enter a contest to win a Kingsville jacket(size Large) it is hanging in the office, please see Mr. Coleman, Kathy or Anita. Chances cost 50 cents each and you can enter as many times as you wish. The drawing will be on Tuesday September 27 at 8:00 am. The jacket is on display in the office.
For anyone interested in the flu shot there will be a clinic held here at the school on October 20 from 10:00 am until 12:00. We will need at least 25 employees, spouses, kids, students. You will need your insurance card. Questions...see Mr. Coleman.
There will be a college fair Tuesday September 27th at Warrensburg High School. There will be 60 colleges, branches of the Military, or agencies in attendance. This is for Juniors and Seniors only and if you have a failing grade you may not attend. The bus will leave school at 11:15 and then leave Warrensburg to come home at 2:00. You may pick up your permission slips from Mrs. Greene. You must pre-register to attend by September 13.
Yearbooks are in! If you ordered one see Ms. Bennett...she also has extra! The cost is $40.
THE BOOK FAIR IS COMING.....SEPTEMBER 27
BOOSTER CLUB- Tiger Gear
Concession Stand Sign Up for 7th grade & 11th grade
The Kingsville band is raising money for a trip to Chicago to perform.
Please check out our gofundme page. Your support is greatly appreciated.
B-Biscuit & gravy
L-Chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes, green beans, applesauce
L-Sloppy Joe sandwich, tater tots, corn, diced pears
L-Taco salad, beans, brownie
L-Corn dogs, tri-tater, carrots, banana
L-Hamburgers, french fries, broccoli, cookie
Calendar of Events
12 VB @ Kville Concordia 6:00
13 CC @ Drexel 4:00
14 1st Quarter mid-term
VB @ Kville Miami 5:30
15 VB@Kville Wellington 5:30
CC@Platte County 4:00
19 VB@Ballard 5:30
JRHBB @ Ballard 6:30
21 CC@Lone Jack 4:00
22 Picture day Staff and students
JRHBB@East Lynne 6:00
26 NO SCHOOL
VB@Wentworth 6:00 bus leaves@4:00
27 JRHBB@Kville/Strasburg 6:00
Book fair begins
28 CC@Cass Midway bus leaves@2:00
VB@Kville Frontier Academy 5:00
1 Cross Country @ Grain Valley/bus leaves@6:30 am
3 VB@Calhoun 5:30
Junior High Basketball@Calhoun/bus at 4:00
3-7 Book Fair
6 JHBB@Strasburg 6:00 bus leaves @ 5:00
7 Elementary Fall concert 6:30
8 Cross Country@Kearney bus leaves@6:00 am
10 VB@Archie 5:30 bus leaves@4:00
11-13 JrHigh basketball East Lynne Tourney
12 Cross Country@Sherwood bus leaves@2:30
13 VB@Kville-Sweet Springs 6:00 Senior Night
14 End 1st Quarter/Quarter finals
15 VB Conference tourney@Calhoun
Kingsville R-1 Handbook Updates for 2016-2017
Below is a list of the significant changes to the Kingsville R-1 Student Handbook. Please be aware this list only highlights the major changes for the 2016-2017. Students and families should refer to the Student Handbook for any questions they may have about any rule or procedure in place at school.
Significant Changes to the 2016-2017 handbook:
Building hours and bell schedules have changed due to school starting at 8:00 am
MEPS absences will be excused.
Secondary Missed Homework/Tests: wording clarified.
Students receiving OSS for a second time for any offense will not be allowed to make up work and will receive zeros for these assignments
Student Dress Code has been clarified
Prohibited weapons will specifically include Mace/Chemical Sprays
Plagiarism consequences will include a required tutoring for second offense.
Water Bottles must be clear and resealable.
Attendance incentive for HS - clarified that students taking dual credit classes must be here on quarter final days and must take finals for dual credit classes.
ACT score incentive -2nd semester finals for dual credit class finals are not exempt.
Tardies - 4 accumulated tardies during a semester will result in an hour detention; each additional 4 accumulated tardies during a semester will result in a two hour detention.
NEW! Code of Conduct: Students at games 6th grade and under must be supervised and students may not loiter in the halls.
NEW! Saturday School will be required to make up excessive absences exceeding five unexcused absences in a semester (HS only) (see the attendance section of the handbook)
NEW! Friday (2 hours) and Saturday School (4 hours) may be assigned for code of conduct violations. (see part II of the code of conduct)
It is strongly recommended that families review the student dress code (see reverse side) and take this into consideration when shopping for school clothes over the summer.
Kingsville R-1 Student Dress 2016-2017
A school is often judged as much by its appearance and the appearance of the student body as it is by its academic programs. Personal pride is reflected in dress, speech, and attitudes. Dress should not interfere or distract from the educational process. Appropriate clothing, as defined by the Code of Student Conduct, must be worn at all times and must not result in embarrassment to either the wearer or the spectator. Students deemed to be wearing inappropriate clothing will be required to change clothing before attending class. No procedure will impose dress and grooming rules based on gender in violation of Title IX. Multiple offenses will be considered a disciplinary issue and be dealt with according to the code of conduct.Acceptable standards for dress and personal appearance for all students (both elementary and secondary) are as follows:
• Shoes must always be worn for health reasons. Slippers are not appropriate to wear during the school day.
• Tennis shoes are required for physical education classes.
• Shirts must be worn during physical education classes.
• Pajama bottoms are not appropriate to wear during the school day.
• Hats must be removed in the building during the school day.
• Apparel is not to have wording and/or graphics that display or imply items or actions
which are prohibited by law for minors or are of offensive nature (alcohol, tobacco, drugs,
profanity, violence, confederate flag, etc.)
• All chains except those deemed as jewelry for the neck or arm are prohibited.
• Mesh tops, backless or strapless tops, bare midriffs or half shirts, revealing tank tops and
ripped or torn clothing that promotes inappropriate exposure of undergarments or torso
should not be worn.
• Apparel is to cover the entire torso. See-through clothing requires that an appropriate
garment be worn under or over it.
• Shorts and skirts need to be an appropriate length, neither buttocks, nor undergarments
should be visible.
• "Spandex" type garments designed to be worn under outer clothing; such as leggings or
tights are not to be worn as outer clothing throughout the school day. See-through
clothing requires that an appropriate garment be worn under or over it.
• Pants, shorts, slacks, jeans, etc. must be cinched at the waist.
Other situations that may occur will be dealt with on an individual basis.
Kingsville R-I School District 2015-2016 Goals
1. The Kingsville R-I School District will continue to provide a safe learning environment that is conducive to high academic achievement.
2. All students will perform at the proficient or advanced level on all Map or End of Course exams.
3. The Kingsville R-I School District will strive to meet or exceed all standards in the resource, process and performance areas set forth buy the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. The district will create an environment of academic excellence to ensure that each of our graduates is thoroughly prepared for college or a career.
4. The Kingsville R-I School District will encourage parental involvement and make every effort to foster positive community realtionships.
5. The Kingsville R-I School District will maintain a minimum balance of 30% in financial reserves.
Kingsville R-I School District
101 E Adriatic Street
Kingsville, MO 64061