The following are highlights of the changes to the 2015-2016 student handbook. Please note the the underlined words or sentences, these are items which have been added to the handbook.
● The handbook has been separated into sections to make it easier to find information
○ General Information
■ Technology and School Resources (including the library)
○ Public Notice
○ Student Code of Conduct/Discipline
● Policy Changes
■ Food and drinks are not allowed in the halls during school hours (7:30-3:00). Exceptions to this policy are re-sealable bottles of water and/or healthy snacks (defined in the district’s health and wellness policy) as permitted by the classroom teacher.
■ Spandex type garments, such as leggings, tights, bike shorts, or athletic apparel, are not to be worn as outer clothing throughout the school day. The exception to this is if there is an outer garment over them, such as a shirt which reaches to the thigh in front and back. **This means a shirt which reaches to the thigh must be worn when wearing leggings, yoga pants, tights, bike shorts, or other athletic apparel.
■ Clothing needs to be an appropriate length, neither buttocks, nor undergarments (including boxers) should be visible. Pants, shorts, slacks, jeans, etc. must be cinched at the waist.
○ Secondary Students
■ A student who receives OSS a second time, for any offense, including cell phones and/or other electronic device, will not be allowed to make up any work missed during the OSS. This includes tests that may have been missed.
■ School Dances: Students from other school districts who are in good standing with their home district may be invited to Kingsville Dances as the guest of a Kingsville Student. Invitees must be in good standing with their school district and must be enrolled in a grade appropriate for the event. These invitees must meet the above requirements and the requirements of the Kingsville Dance Form. The Kingsville Dance Form is available in the office and must be completed no less than one week prior to the event. All guests must be approved by administration. Kingsville R-1 may deny attendance to any student not in good standing with their district. All students must be in attendance at school on the day of the event (or the day prior if no school on event day) in order to attend.
■ Prom: Kingsville students who are in good standing with the district and who are enrolled as a junior or senior may invite a guest to attend the Kingsville Prom. Invitees must be in good standing with their school (Kingsville or other district) and must be enrolled as a freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior. Invitees who are not enrolled in high school must be under the age of 21. These invitees must meet the requirements of the Kingsville Dance Form. The Kingsville Dance Form is available in the office and must be completed no less than one week prior to the event. All guests must be approved by administration. Kingsville R-1 may deny attendance to any student not in good standing with their district. All students must be in attendance at school on the day of the event (or the day prior if no school on event day) in order to attend.
■ Playground rules have been clarified as follows:
● Students need to play away from the building and refrain from looking in classroom windows.
● Playground surfacing material and all other materials must stay on the ground. Students are to be on the playground at recess time only.
● Students are not to jump from any equipment.
● One child only is permitted in a swing.
● Students must swing in an upright position and forwards and backwards only.
● No one is allowed to push another student on the swings.
● When using swings, students must remain seated at all times.
● Other students must stay clear of the swings when not swinging.
● Students must not hang from the basketball goals or climb the poles.
● Students must slide down the slide with feet first while sitting up.
● Jump ropes are for jumping only.
● Use of balls must be away from the equipment, street, and windows.
● Bats, baseballs, and softballs are not permitted at school.
● Games such as tag, football (tag or tackle), and all other games considered dangerous by the administration and teachers are prohibited.
August 18- First Day for Students
Subject: 2015 Missouri Bankers Foundation Scholarship
The Missouri Bankers Foundation Scholarship was established to encourage college-level study for young people interested in pursuing banking and banking-related careers.
The Missouri Bankers Foundation is pleased to announce the MBF Scholarship Program for 2015. Seven $500 scholarships will be awarded to 2015 high school graduates for their first semester tuition payment and/or college expenses. One scholarship recipient will be chosen from each of the seven geographical regions pictured below.
To obtain a copy of the 2015 MBF Scholarship Application CLICK HERE.
Missouri Bankers Association and Foundation
Missouri Bankers Association
PO Box 57
Jefferson City, MO 65102
Below is the 2015-2016 School Calendar
Kingsville R-I School District
101 E Adriatic Street
Kingsville, MO 64061