Tuesday December 6, 2016
Good morning to all you Kingsville Tigers!
Students taking the ACT this December can attend a free workshop on the English portion this Thursday, December 8th, from 3-4:30. Please see Ms. Evans by Wednesday morning to obtain materials. If you do not see her you can't attend.
The basketball conference tournament begins this week at LaMonte. The ladies will play Wednesday against LaMonte at 6:00 and the boys will play on Wednesday as well at 6:00 and that would put the bus leaving at 2:45. Good luck Tigers guys and gals! Play hard Tigers!
There will be a MAP Awards Assembly on Monday, December 12th for grades 3-12th at 2:30.
The Vo-tech Career center tour is Tuesday, December 6th and will leave when vo-tech leaves 11:20ish, Victoria Yarber, Riley Ferguson, Jason Welch, Matt Bright, Dylan Rathbone, Jordan Schutt, Emily Spiwak, Sophia Leslie, Caitlyn Cope, Noah Cooper, Samantha Schoenberger, Alexis Harmon, Amber Brown, Jacop Hoover, Ethan Hale, Sarah Duncan Brandon Bialows.
Students, I have notebooks, planners, textbooks, journals, jackets, sweat shirts, lunch boxes, water bottles and assorted other stuff that belongs in your lockers not here in the office. Come get your things!
Found: 1 watch, describe and claim in the office.
Breakfast with Santa is fast approaching. It is scheduled for December 10(Saturday) in the multi. Breakfast will be served 8-11:00, the cost is $5 for adults and $3 for kids. Santa will arrive around 9:00 so be sure to bring your wish list...unless you have been naughty! There will also be a craft and gift sale going on 8 to 4:00. So come have breakfast, see Santa and get some of your Christmas shopping done!
Quote for the week: "The only way to have a friend is to be one" Ralph Waldo Emerson
Please fill out the Media Release Form if you have not done so already.
Calendar of Events
2 HSBB@Miami 5:30 bus leaves 3:30
5 Santa work shop PTO
5-10 Conference Basketball tourney at LaMonte
6 Career Center Tour
8 NHS Induction
10 Rec Club breakfast with Santa/Craft fair 8:00am
12 Band Concert 6:30
13 HSBB@Archie 5:30 bus leaves 4:00
16 Semester finals
Mon. Dec. 5
L-Chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes, green beans, pears
Tues. Dec. 6
L-Sloppy joes, tater tots, peas, apple crisp
Wed. Dec. 7
L-Nacho supreme, corn, mixed fruit
Thur. Dec. 8
L-Hot ham & cheese, potato chips, baked beans, apple crisp
Fri. Dec. 9
B-French toast sticks
L-Hamburgers, french fries, corn, cookie
DATES TO REMEMBER:
Booster Club Pulled Pork Dinner - January 10
Basketball Theme Night - February 7 - Theme to be decided
Kingsville R-1 Handbook Updates for 2016-2017
Below is a list of the significant changes to the Kingsville R-1 Student Handbook. Please be aware this list only highlights the major changes for the 2016-2017. Students and families should refer to the Student Handbook for any questions they may have about any rule or procedure in place at school.
Significant Changes to the 2016-2017 handbook:
Building hours and bell schedules have changed due to school starting at 8:00 am
MEPS absences will be excused.
Secondary Missed Homework/Tests: wording clarified.
Students receiving OSS for a second time for any offense will not be allowed to make up work and will receive zeros for these assignments
Student Dress Code has been clarified
Prohibited weapons will specifically include Mace/Chemical Sprays
Plagiarism consequences will include a required tutoring for second offense.
Water Bottles must be clear and resealable.
Attendance incentive for HS - clarified that students taking dual credit classes must be here on quarter final days and must take finals for dual credit classes.
ACT score incentive -2nd semester finals for dual credit class finals are not exempt.
Tardies - 4 accumulated tardies during a semester will result in an hour detention; each additional 4 accumulated tardies during a semester will result in a two hour detention.
NEW! Code of Conduct: Students at games 6th grade and under must be supervised and students may not loiter in the halls.
NEW! Saturday School will be required to make up excessive absences exceeding five unexcused absences in a semester (HS only) (see the attendance section of the handbook)
NEW! Friday (2 hours) and Saturday School (4 hours) may be assigned for code of conduct violations. (see part II of the code of conduct)
It is strongly recommended that families review the student dress code (see reverse side) and take this into consideration when shopping for school clothes over the summer.
Kingsville R-1 Student Dress 2016-2017
A school is often judged as much by its appearance and the appearance of the student body as it is by its academic programs. Personal pride is reflected in dress, speech, and attitudes. Dress should not interfere or distract from the educational process. Appropriate clothing, as defined by the Code of Student Conduct, must be worn at all times and must not result in embarrassment to either the wearer or the spectator. Students deemed to be wearing inappropriate clothing will be required to change clothing before attending class. No procedure will impose dress and grooming rules based on gender in violation of Title IX. Multiple offenses will be considered a disciplinary issue and be dealt with according to the code of conduct.Acceptable standards for dress and personal appearance for all students (both elementary and secondary) are as follows:
• Shoes must always be worn for health reasons. Slippers are not appropriate to wear during the school day.
• Tennis shoes are required for physical education classes.
• Shirts must be worn during physical education classes.
• Pajama bottoms are not appropriate to wear during the school day.
• Hats must be removed in the building during the school day.
• Apparel is not to have wording and/or graphics that display or imply items or actions
which are prohibited by law for minors or are of offensive nature (alcohol, tobacco, drugs,
profanity, violence, confederate flag, etc.)
• All chains except those deemed as jewelry for the neck or arm are prohibited.
• Mesh tops, backless or strapless tops, bare midriffs or half shirts, revealing tank tops and
ripped or torn clothing that promotes inappropriate exposure of undergarments or torso
should not be worn.
• Apparel is to cover the entire torso. See-through clothing requires that an appropriate
garment be worn under or over it.
• Shorts and skirts need to be an appropriate length, neither buttocks, nor undergarments
should be visible.
• "Spandex" type garments designed to be worn under outer clothing; such as leggings or
tights are not to be worn as outer clothing throughout the school day. See-through
clothing requires that an appropriate garment be worn under or over it.
• Pants, shorts, slacks, jeans, etc. must be cinched at the waist.
Other situations that may occur will be dealt with on an individual basis.
Kingsville R-I School District 2015-2016 Goals
1. The Kingsville R-I School District will continue to provide a safe learning environment that is conducive to high academic achievement.
2. All students will perform at the proficient or advanced level on all Map or End of Course exams.
3. The Kingsville R-I School District will strive to meet or exceed all standards in the resource, process and performance areas set forth buy the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. The district will create an environment of academic excellence to ensure that each of our graduates is thoroughly prepared for college or a career.
4. The Kingsville R-I School District will encourage parental involvement and make every effort to foster positive community realtionships.
5. The Kingsville R-I School District will maintain a minimum balance of 30% in financial reserves.
Kingsville R-I School District
101 E Adriatic Street
Kingsville, MO 64061