Friday August 26, 2016
Guess what day it is??????????????? FRIDAY, the weekend is upon us! Have a good one...be safe and see you on Monday morning!
Don't forget we have a 2:15 dismissal on all Fridays!
The Holden fair begins this week with many activities. Mrs. Carr and the band will be marching in the parade on Saturday, the cheerleaders will be having a baked potato stand and holding a bake sale and I am sure that many of our lovely ladies will be participating in the queen contest. This all begins on Thursday, have a great time!
There will be a college fair Tuesday September 27th at Warrensburg High School. There will be 60 colleges, branches of the Military, or agencies in attendance. This is for Juniors and Seniors only and if you have a failing grade you may not attend. The bus will leave school at 11:15 and then leave Warrensburg to come home at 2:00. You may pick up your permission slips from Mrs. Greene. You must pre-register to attend by September 13.
There will be a STUGO meeting on Wednesday August 31st at 7:30 am in Mrs. Pottberg's room.
There will be a Senior slideshow committee meeting in the FACS room on Wednesday, August 31 at 7:30 am.
The volleyball girls will travel to Chilhowee on Tuesday the 30 for a 6:00 match with the bus leaving at 4:30 pm. Good luck lady Tigers!
Students remember....if your lunch account balance is negative you may not charge seconds or ala carte.
THE BOOK FAIR IS COMING!
Junior High girls basketball practice starts Monday August 29th at 6:00 am(that's pretty early ladies!) You will need to be in the gym, dressed and ready to go at 6:00. You must have a physical form completed and turned in before you practice.
Yearbooks are in! If you ordered one see Ms. Bennett...she also has extra! The cost is $40.
Physical forms are available in the office.
THE BOOK FAIR IS COMING.....SEPTEMBER 27
Seniors and Sophomores...Jostens will be here on Friday August 26 at 8:00 for your orders. I think She will be in the library but we will let you know.
Picture day is set for Thursday September 22 for staff and students. Information and packets will be available soon. Interstate studios will be doing the photos again this year.
Click HERE for the 2016-2017 School Supply List
Concession Stand Sign Up for 7th grade & 11th grade
The Kingsville band is raising money for a trip to Chicago to perform.
Please check out our gofundme page. Your support is greatly appreciated.
L-Pizza, lettuce salad, banana, cookie
Calendar of Events
27 Holden parade/Band will march
30 VB@Chilhowee 6:00
1 VB@Kville Cass Midway 5:00
5 NO SCHOOL-Labor Day
6 VB Tri-Match@LaMonte
7 Conference Meeting 6:30 in the Multi
8 Asvab 8:00 am juniors
VB@Kville KC Lutheran 5:30
CC @ Oak Grove 4:00
10 VB Tourney @ Lone Jack
CC @ Holden
12 VB @ Kville Concordia 6:00
13 CC @ Drexel 4:00
14 1st Quarter mid-term
VB @ Kville Miami 5:30
15 VB@Kville Wellington 5:30
CC@Platte County 4:00
19 VB@Ballard 5:30
JRHBB @ Ballard 6:30
21 CC@Lone Jack 4:00
22 Picture day Staff and students
JRHBB@East Lynne 6:00
Kingsville R-1 Handbook Updates for 2016-2017
Below is a list of the significant changes to the Kingsville R-1 Student Handbook. Please be aware this list only highlights the major changes for the 2016-2017. Students and families should refer to the Student Handbook for any questions they may have about any rule or procedure in place at school.
Significant Changes to the 2016-2017 handbook:
Building hours and bell schedules have changed due to school starting at 8:00 am
MEPS absences will be excused.
Secondary Missed Homework/Tests: wording clarified.
Students receiving OSS for a second time for any offense will not be allowed to make up work and will receive zeros for these assignments
Student Dress Code has been clarified
Prohibited weapons will specifically include Mace/Chemical Sprays
Plagiarism consequences will include a required tutoring for second offense.
Water Bottles must be clear and resealable.
Attendance incentive for HS - clarified that students taking dual credit classes must be here on quarter final days and must take finals for dual credit classes.
ACT score incentive -2nd semester finals for dual credit class finals are not exempt.
Tardies - 4 accumulated tardies during a semester will result in an hour detention; each additional 4 accumulated tardies during a semester will result in a two hour detention.
NEW! Code of Conduct: Students at games 6th grade and under must be supervised and students may not loiter in the halls.
NEW! Saturday School will be required to make up excessive absences exceeding five unexcused absences in a semester (HS only) (see the attendance section of the handbook)
NEW! Friday (2 hours) and Saturday School (4 hours) may be assigned for code of conduct violations. (see part II of the code of conduct)
It is strongly recommended that families review the student dress code (see reverse side) and take this into consideration when shopping for school clothes over the summer.
Kingsville R-1 Student Dress 2016-2017
A school is often judged as much by its appearance and the appearance of the student body as it is by its academic programs. Personal pride is reflected in dress, speech, and attitudes. Dress should not interfere or distract from the educational process. Appropriate clothing, as defined by the Code of Student Conduct, must be worn at all times and must not result in embarrassment to either the wearer or the spectator. Students deemed to be wearing inappropriate clothing will be required to change clothing before attending class. No procedure will impose dress and grooming rules based on gender in violation of Title IX. Multiple offenses will be considered a disciplinary issue and be dealt with according to the code of conduct.Acceptable standards for dress and personal appearance for all students (both elementary and secondary) are as follows:
• Shoes must always be worn for health reasons. Slippers are not appropriate to wear during the school day.
• Tennis shoes are required for physical education classes.
• Shirts must be worn during physical education classes.
• Pajama bottoms are not appropriate to wear during the school day.
• Hats must be removed in the building during the school day.
• Apparel is not to have wording and/or graphics that display or imply items or actions
which are prohibited by law for minors or are of offensive nature (alcohol, tobacco, drugs,
profanity, violence, confederate flag, etc.)
• All chains except those deemed as jewelry for the neck or arm are prohibited.
• Mesh tops, backless or strapless tops, bare midriffs or half shirts, revealing tank tops and
ripped or torn clothing that promotes inappropriate exposure of undergarments or torso
should not be worn.
• Apparel is to cover the entire torso. See-through clothing requires that an appropriate
garment be worn under or over it.
• Shorts and skirts need to be an appropriate length, neither buttocks, nor undergarments
should be visible.
• "Spandex" type garments designed to be worn under outer clothing; such as leggings or
tights are not to be worn as outer clothing throughout the school day. See-through
clothing requires that an appropriate garment be worn under or over it.
• Pants, shorts, slacks, jeans, etc. must be cinched at the waist.
Other situations that may occur will be dealt with on an individual basis.
Kingsville R-I School District 2015-2016 Goals
1. The Kingsville R-I School District will continue to provide a safe learning environment that is conducive to high academic achievement.
2. All students will perform at the proficient or advanced level on all Map or End of Course exams.
3. The Kingsville R-I School District will strive to meet or exceed all standards in the resource, process and performance areas set forth buy the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. The district will create an environment of academic excellence to ensure that each of our graduates is thoroughly prepared for college or a career.
4. The Kingsville R-I School District will encourage parental involvement and make every effort to foster positive community realtionships.
5. The Kingsville R-I School District will maintain a minimum balance of 30% in financial reserves.
Kingsville R-I School District
101 E Adriatic Street
Kingsville, MO 64061